Divorce is painful and confusing. Perhaps now more than ever, you want to give your child all the love, support, and guidance he or she needs, but everything seems harder and more complicated. Helping Your Kids Cope with Divorce the Sandcastles Way can help. Based on Gary Neuman’s phenomenally successful Sandcastles program, which has helped more than fifty thousand children cope with divorce, this warm, empathetic guide shows you:
- Includes one eBook or Kindle download of Helping Your Kids Cope With Divorce the Sandcastles Way.
- How to build a co-parenting relationship – even when you think you can’t
- When you or your child should see a therapist
- Age-appropriate scripts for addressing sensitive issues
- What to do when a parent moves away
- How to stop fighting with your ex-spouse
- How to navigate the emotional turmoil of custody and visitation
- How to help your child deal with change
- How to cope with kids’ common fears about separation
- How to introduce significant others into the family and help your child cope with a new step-family
More than a hundred pieces of artwork from children of divorce will help you appreciate how kids perceive the experience. Dozens of special activities and fun exercises will help you communicate and get closer to your child. This guide shows you that divorce need not be an inevitable blot on children’s lives, but an opportunity for them to grow and strengthen the bonds with their parents.